Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Real or Not Real

I wrote this while I was in the ER, on February 20.  I may or may not have been on pain medication, which fact I'm counting on to cover for the title being straight out of a certain book authored by Suzanne Collins, which I don't really like very much (but that's another conversation).  Anyway, here (word for original word) is what my slightly delirious brain caused me to scribble down in between middle-of-the-night checkups.

~~~~~

It seems to me, if a thing is said to be real, it may only truly be so when its reality has been tested.  Until that point its reality is only a supposition, which by nature may be flawed, thereby making it (in part) unreal.  If any part of this thing is unreal, the integrity of the entire thing cannot be trusted.

The point when one may surely trust the thing as being real is when the false stuff has been burned up and knocked off by other things, situations, people, etc., which have themselves been proved really real by a similar process.

This would, of course, lead to circular reasoning on my part but for this:
There is an ultimate, final Tester.  God, who is Himself Truth and its Creator, is the solid line past which no untrue (false or "not real") thing may venture, even to the tiniest smudge on the solidity of reality.

Now we, as flawed (fallen) humans with our incomplete ways of thinking and going about things, will surely faltering in providing "reality checks" and such.  This by no means lessens the purity of things that are real and true; only our perceptions of them.

One day -- a day I do greatly look forward to -- you and I will be able to finally, fully comprehend real reality in its loveliest sense, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment