Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Feelin' It

Because my faith isn't based in or founded upon emotions -- though they truly are a result or side effect of things revealed by this faith -- I have no excuse for my actions or attitude on the basis of emotions.  "I just don't feel like being Christlike today." "I'm not feeling up to praying (or spending time in God's Word, or sharing my testimony, or being joyful) right now.  Maybe I'll be more in the mood for that later."

Seriously, what is that?  Why is this even an issue?  It certainly is an issue for me, at least, and I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Regardless of where it comes from, why it's there, and all that, I firmly believe it is a remnant of the old me -- my fleshly, worldly self.  And therefore, this attitude absolutely must be discarded and replaced with a spirit of submission to God's will and an attitude of joy and thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment