Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Be Infected with Christ

"There are lots of things which your conscience might not call definitely wrong (specially things in your mind) but which you will see at once you cannot go on doing if you are seriously trying to be like Christ."  (Mere Christianity, p. 161)

If this is so, then stands to reason that I ought to -- indeed, I believe I am obligated tot -- conform and reform my conscience to match biblical, Christlike behavior.  By God's grace and a great deal of His help, this is a realistic goal (unattainable in this life, though it is).

And remember:  I am (you are) not alone in this transformation process!

"If there were no help from Christ, there would be no help from other human beings.  He works on us in all sorts of ways: not only through what we think our 'religious life'."  (MC, p. 161)

No comments:

Post a Comment