Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Thoughts

A lot has been on my mind lately:

Dad and his deployment - how hard it is, but how wonderful it is for the four of us to get to FaceTime so often...

Mom and her illnesses and having to deal with the complications and effects of celiac, and how well she's handling managing these things on top of house-hunting (although that isn't too urgent, I think) and Chaela's schoolwork and everything else she does...

Chaela and -- well, she has a lot going on in her life and in her heart, but we haven't really talked much about it at all lately, which fact is another thing on my mind...

Jon. Goodness. I don't know what I'm thinking there, really, except that I hope and pray he is doing alright after our breakup three weeks ago; praying that we'll one day maybe be able to honestly be friends like we were on the early end of last summer; thankful for the time God gave us to be together and learn from one another...

School and how embarrassingly slow I have been in completing everything thus far, and how overwhelmed I feel by the bulk of what's left...

My future (both immediate and far-off) in all its looming uncertainty and possibilities; I have never wanted and still do not want to have to pursue a career of any sort, even if it's something as appealing to me as working with and teaching children, but it looks like that's just what I need to begin considering seriously.

How wonderful that I have a Best Friend who knows how all this mess will turn out and has my best interest at heart! I sincerely want to be in the perfect center of God's will, but right at this moment I'm struggling to see even a glimmer of hope of knowing what that is....

Needless to say, I sure would appreciate prayer that I would seek God's will with my whole heart without reserve in any area, and that I would have a joyful spirit through it all! Thank you. :)


*NOTE (8/29/13)
Last night Chaela listened to me as I related most of what I said here and more. She is definitely among the best sisters in the history of ever! She helped me by letting me sort through things by saying them aloud as well as by offering advice.
Anyway, I'm feeling significantly better and feel like I've been given a glimpse of where my next first step should be....

No comments:

Post a Comment