Thursday, August 22, 2013

Delightful Day in Denver

I had yesterday off from work at Whit's End, so Mom decided to kidnap me away to an undisclosed location for a day out -- just the two of us! We arrived after an hour's drive at the Denver Art Museum... YAY! I haven't been to an art museum since we were in Maryland; it's been a while! Needless to say, I really enjoyed the day. :D




This art was crocheted! I was really impressed since I honestly thought it was constructed from actual coral from a distance.




[ flattened metal bottle caps ]

[ ...thousands of them! ]





This was interesting... the floor, walls, and everything was made of some soft material and filled with styropfoam-type stuff! I kept tripping in it. :P





"Leg and Armchairs"




Mom and I went for a short walk across the street from the museum. The flowers were so lovely, and so prettily arranged!







We knew I was going to have a coaching call that afternoon, so Mom had nixed a couple of her original day-out ideas that would have taken us into the mountains and their fabulous "no service" zones. Glad she thought that through, because my coach and I had a great call! (I sure enjoyed being out on the grass rather than at my desk, in front of my computer, for a change.)

Our next stop was at The Polish Pottery Outlet -- Mom's new favorite place to go! I suppose it's a good thing the place is an hour away from home... ;)

We found three pretty mugs to add to our collection. Now we can finally stop having guests use our old faded mugs - woohoo! Mom also found a pretty butter dish to keep on her gluten-free counter space, since the regular butter dish's butter is always contaminated.

After the Polish pottery shopping, Mom took me to an early dinner at Chili's. (P.S. Their blackberry iced tea is delicious! Mom loved their watermelon lemonade as well.)


Mama and I split a salmon and chicken dish (finally, a perfect serving size)...

Yep. It was good!


Okay, so this is at home, not in Denver. But it was definitely a part of the day's fun! I made caramel popcorn for the first time ever -- including the homemade caramel. :D It sure tastes good, though I want to find a lighter caramel recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment