Friday, March 15, 2013

What do you think? [ hairstyle ideas ]

In my last post I mentioned that I'll be asking advice from the lady who cuts my hair concerning updos for both my friend's wedding (in June) and for the Ring Dance (in May).  But before I do that, I'd love YOUR opinion!  Below are the styles I like that I think could work pretty well in my hair.

When I came out in the dress I got for the Ring Dance, one of the ladies there gasped and said I looked like a lovely Greek, if only I could fin the right hairstyle to go with the dress.  Of course I just laughed initially, but the idea did stick in my mind and I looked up Greek-inspired styles.  I love have a braid or two somewhere in most updos I do on myself, and I have so much hair some sort of bun is very doable!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


(I like the braid/top part of this style, though the rolled hair underneath would be far more full with my elbow-length, thick hair.)


(I like the overall look of this, though I know it wouldn't be quite as defined since my hair has become such a dark brown, even if I do remember to redo my light brown/dark blonde highlights...)


(I simply LOVE this one!  I don't know how great it would be from the front though, which ought to be taken into account for photos.)


(I like the uniqueness of this style - a French braided fishtail braid into a bun.  My main concern with this is that fishtail braids never seem to turn out quite right in my hair.  ...Of course it might help if someone who knows what they're doing did it!)


(Imagine this without the accessory.  I like the idea of doing a double braid on top like this.)


(Jon really likes my hair down, so I think it would be nice to have a style that lets the length show while still keeping it classy and contained from the inevitably strong winds that torment girls with long hair who dare visit the Academy with it down.  ...Not that I have ever done that, of course.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Any of the styles above are okay for the wedding, except the last one, since I think my hair would be better all the way up with the bridesmaid dress I'm wearing.  Just a note.  :)  Thanks for your input!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the second one - I love how there is loose hair on the sides and that looks really good on you. You have so much hair I feel like it would be really easy for you to do that on with the side braid and then pull half of it into a bun and then let the rest be down and curled for the ring dance that way Jon would be happy with it being down.

    As for the wedding, I love the one with the double braid. It's so cool! I wonder if you could find a hairpiece to match your dress because I think that would look very neat. I think for that one just make sure that they would leave out some of your baby hairs and braid it loosely around your face so it has a nice soft look from the front.

    I hope you post pictures from both of these events, I can't wait to see your beautiful dresses and hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first style really fits the style of the dress youre planning to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, good ideas Joy! Whatever styles I go with I'll be sure to ask my friend/the stylist to do them a little loosely, since I do like that look.

    Thanks, Olivia!

    Pictures won't be available for these things until late May-mid June, but I will do my best to post them for you as soon as I can! Joy, you and others on Facebook have a bit of an advantage on that point, I think....

    ReplyDelete