Saturday, March 16, 2013

Quick note...

This (Saturday) morning my family, Jon, and I took Gavin to the Colorado Springs airport to meet up with his mom, my Aunt Jessilyn.  Everything went really smoothly and we were all very happy and somewhat relieved to see Gavin willingly go to his mommy with a smile.  Remember, he hadn't seen her since he was two weeks old!  It's been almost four months.  Anyway, as far as I know, they had a good, short flight home to Utah and so far all is good.

Naturally my family and I miss that darling baby boy, as do all who met him in the time God had him with us! Fortunately for Mom, we were given a generous heads up about when Aunt Jess was coming to get him, so she - well, we all, but most importantly she - had time to get used to the idea.  Mom and Dad have always loved caring for children when any sort of opportunity presents itself.  Mom is particularly susceptible to attaching to these children, so lots of prayer for her comfort during these next couple weeks is definitely appreciated....

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Jess brings him to visit you guys sometime. Having that to look forward to would help the separation not be as difficult.

    ReplyDelete