Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break

I have enjoyed such a great week!  Jon brought me with him to Iowa for his spring break, and I have gotten to spend some time getting to know his parents and sister a bit better.  I also got to meet his grandparents (his dad's parents) and people he knew from high school, hear him speak at his high school's Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), and drive around town with him to see where he grew up.  (Too bad I can't show him everywhere I've grown up in a day's drive!)  We also took a special trip to the mall - possibly more on that later on.  ;)

Jon's sister, Katie, took me out for lunch the other morning and we had a nice conversation, just the two of us.  The day before that, she, Pam (Jon's mom), and I had some girl time while we got our nails done, got Easter things together for Jon and Katie's cousins who will be visiting over the weekend, and watched a movie.

I'm really glad I could come out here and have this time with Jon and his family, both separately and individually.  Trying not to be miffed that he gets so much time with my family, being conveniently nearby!  Anyway, I'm sure looking forward to seeing them again. 

P.S.  HAPPY EASTER  ~  HE IS RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment